One needs to have absolute passion and true canine love to take the risk of pursuing a hobby and turning it into a business venture. Rana Atheya’s love for dogs has served him to establish India’s most visited pet portal, DogSpot.in.
As an entrepreneur and a pet lover, Rana realized the need of genuine and scientific information about dogs available to the users to make the right decision for their pets. Before setting up the e-commerce division of DogSpot in year 2011, he built a community of pet owners to share experience about pet behavior. Rana Atheya is responsible for setting the overall direction and product strategy for DogSpot. He leads the expansion of communities and content strategy for the company and manages the development of its core technology and infrastructure. With his vision and technology prowess, Rana envisions to make DogSpot a multi billion dollar business in next 5 years.
As a leader, he firmly believe that the company’s best assets are the employees and he aims for building a workplace that respects diversity, work life balance, performance and cross group collaboration. He invests in the training, development and recreational activities of the team by offering innovative HR policies.
Before founding DogSpot.in, Rana has performed product management roles at Indiatimes, Ibibo and Aircel. He holds his MBA in Engineering Management from Coventry University, UK. He is actively associated with various support groups that feed stray dogs. Apart from his love for pets, he also takes out time to pursue his hobby of photography and motorbikin
Previous Startups that have participated in GrowthTalks
Flow of GrowthTalks
All the attendees MUST purchase a ticket per head to attend GrowthTalks
SDA Market, Opp IIT Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi. 110016
AT THE EVENT
- All the attendees must produce the purchased tickets either in electronic or in print format
- The event starts sharp on time - please reach the venue 15 minutes before schedule
- Ice-breaking: Each startup introduces itself in 60 seconds
- The keynote speaker shall address the audience for up to 30 minutes
- Post this, the house opens for a round-table discussion on startups' challenge
- Open networking over soft drinks
- Talks end with a period of usually quite intense Q&A, after which everyone gets up and breaks into smaller informal groups